Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Heaps of vintage junk















Oh this has been a busy bargain junkin time for me. I have had a ton of fun lately. Between yard sales and thrift stores I thought I would be too tired for anything else, but oh no, I have discovered our local auction house!!!!! I have so much to show you at a future time when I have time to photograph. but for now I will just show you a little of what I have thrifted in the last couple weeks....

I guess I'll start off with the pretty glassware above. I found all of these at the GW for about 50 cents each, except the boot which was a whopping 99 cents. Pretty aren't they? I believe the pilsner is a vintage possibly depression era Anchor Hocking. The little cordial glass has needle etching on it. All are pretty and their sparkle makes me smile. The boot is darling but I can't seem to find the right place for it. ugh. I wasn't about to leave that pretty boot in that dirty thrift store :)



















The quail (that might not be what they are, but that's what I call them) above are unpainted ceramic. I think I paid 79 cents each. The little chick I paired with them was 25 cents and he is lovely, shiny and iridescent.















I also found this very shabby landscape scene at the Salvation Army for I think 59 cents, with the heavy mirrored frame. It's a little bitty thing. Don't know where I'll hang it up yet. ugh



















Then at the Habitat Store I found this trivet with stunning cut glass and silver overlay. The picture does NOT do this piece justice. It's sooooo very beautiful. I wish I knew how old it is. Unmarked stuff makes me a bit crazy



















This sad lil bird sat at the Habitat store waiting for me to take him home for a few weeks. I finally did the right thing and took him home and he has charmed me. I named him Leopold and am not sure why, but he needed a name and that's what I decided he wanted to be. How did I not notice how pretty he is the first 3 or 4 times I left him in that dirty store. He has forgiven me though :)

I am soooo tempted to take off his badly chipping paint, to show off his lovely crazing, but alas I can't do that to him. Isn't he lovely? I have no idea what kind of bird he is, do you?



















I had to work out of town and went to a lil flea market I had googled. I was expecting a normal size flea, but this had roughly 6 booths. I saw these adorable atomizers staring at me from one lady's shelf. The lady asked if I noticed that each one had a broken eyelash. I told her I had and that I didn't mind provided the price was right. She said $3 for both, I said, "sold!" They are soooo cute. They remind me of Betty Davis. They have this mark on the bottom.














I bought this clock at the Salvation Army for 99 cents. It's so much prettier than it looks in the picture. I now have an official collection of vintage clocks. I soooo swore I wouldn't have another collection. Who am I kidding?














Recently I explored some thrift stores that are a lil further out than I am used to. I also hit my first estate sale ever on a whim when I saw the sign. my trip was not in vain.







































The rusty scale was from the St Vincent de Paul thrift, it was $5. Which is more than I would normally pay for anything, but look at that beauty! The shoes I got at the estate sale, along with a silk baby bonnet and some crochet baby clothes for 50 cents!!! Yipee!

Then I was on to the yard sales, oh the yard sales were heavenly...

I found these unmarked shelf brackets type thingees that I lurved! They have mermaids on them :) They were a whopping $2 for both! They were screwed to this horribly water damaged particle board monstrosity. I had to free them of that eyesore promptly upon getting them home. Well truth be told Mr. Nifty was put to the task. I had to rest my feet. The yard sales had tired them out. :)





























This same guy also sold me this beauty for $3...I love her sooooo much! Dare I say it, I almost have another collection :)



















The sad part is, this is only a small portion of my haul from the last few weeks. Just wait til I show you the stuff from the auction. One giant box of vintage linens is just one of the items. I had a blast. Anyhow...that's it for now. I have to get to bed.

-Wishing everyone the very niftiest thriftiest finds and as always Brightest Blessings-
Karina

PS...
I am once again joining up with Suzanne aka Coloradolady for Vintage Thingies Thursdays. and Leigh aka Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursdays. Please go have a look at the posts. So much eye candy!

35 comments:

  1. What finds!!! You did really well and I can't wait to see the linens. Happy VTT..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great treasures! I love the old scales and baby shoes! Keep those photo's coming, I love it when we find great treasures at bottom dollor prices! Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you got some great stuff. Looking forward to seeing all the linens.

    Happy VTT!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great thrifty finds. I love the scales, and Leopold - he's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, great great finds! Each one of those is a different collection pretty much! Hope you have a bigger house than I do! LOLOL

    Happy VTT!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found quite a variety. I am looking forward to seeing your linens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Girl, you really done good! I love the glass dishes and the scale!!!! So glad I follow your blog! You have so many neat things. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Do I have some good news for you! Are ya sittin down? I looked up your HeadVase atomizers in my book and found the exact ones by Irice. They are listed at $65 each. How about that for a RealSteal! Even with the broken eyelash they are super collectable...not that many were made into atomizers...most were used by florists as Vases starting in the 1940's. I'm a Head Vase Collector which sometimes makes me a BasketCase, too! Thanks for visiting CollectInTexas Gal for VTT...and way to go on all your Thriftin Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff! I always wander down the glassware aisle at GW and ooh & ah at the pretty pieces (then I leave them there, because I have no room, sadly). I'm glad you took birdie home with you. He looks like a robin, but the breast color is not quite right. Sparrow, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time at you site. Love it!
    I sure hope you have a big house because you have definitely caught the "thrifting" bug. The only down side to buying all these wonderful things is "WHERE DO I PUT EVERYTHING". We all understand.
    Love the little glasses and the silver inlay plate. Here's a site that will give you more infomation about your silver and glass dish...
    http://www.silvercollection.it/dictionaryoverlayglass.html
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! You hit the jackpot on some great finds! those lady head atomizers are huge collectables! My personal favorite are those gorgeous trivets! I have never seen any like them before. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a world of wonderful vintage things. I really enjoyed seeing so many different and interesting items. Thanks for dropping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where do you live cause that's where I'm moving to!Thankfully this weekend is going to be beautiful and there are already several yard sales in the paper. WhooHoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can tell by your post, what a wonderful time you have had....I wish I had more time this time of year, when all the yard sales start...I'd never come home...well, only to empty out the car!!! Love that little bird you finally brought home, he is a cutie!! Have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Respect to you girl for some serious thrifting - your iridescent chick is adorable, those atomisers are soooo cool, and that painting and frame from the salvation army - what a bargain! And your kitchen scale....I'm having a big case of thrift envy, I hope all this thrift luck rubs off on the rest of us too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had those Anchor Hocking glasses growing up, not the pilsner one but the regular drink glasses next to it with the leaf decoration on the rim. So simple but pretty! I love all your little birdies, too. I was just looking at some ceramic birds in the clearance section at the craft store but they just aren't as pretty as some of the old ones are! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those lamp bases remind me of Bette Davis too! I love your heaps of vintage junk!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  18. First of all I just love Billie Holiday. Soo great. You have found some great things. OUr salvation army is usually not very good on having anything good at all and talk about grimey. but I still go on occasion. we have no good will stores here and I am very jealous of those of you that do because you all seem to find great stuff. Lots of antiques stores tho. but you pay so much more there. Anyway, I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many great finds - I really love the unpainted ceramic quail and the vintage clock (I have a thing for vintage clocks, too - pretty and practical). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for visiting! Your post was great - You've found tons of treasures. The atomizers are my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heaps of vintage junk makes me happy. I love all that you showed here...especially the baby booties! Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday Party if you would like to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have been busy! And you got some great deals. The trivet is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am drooling over your finds and prices, not to mention how jealous I am that you get to do lawnsales already. It will still be a few months for things to warm up, up here in Maine. (sad so sad)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great hunting. A wonder group of things to add to your decor! xo Joan@anythinggoeshere

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I like your collections. The baby shoes and the scale are so neat. The stemware is great too.
    Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
    Thanks!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've just been checking out your blog, and WOW do you have great thrifting luck! I especially love those gorgeous atomizers!
    Happy Monday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  27. What wonderful treasures! I truly share your passion for bargains from thrift stores, yard sales, etc. You really have found some wonderful things.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Karina,
    You won the salmon gloves and wedding cake topper on my birthday giveaway. I am shipping everything and can't find your address...can you email it to me please?
    xo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those atomizers are simply fabulous! What a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello there.... :o) !

    THANK YOU so much for stopping by our party to help celebrate our 100th posts....I hope you were able to find some new blogs to read....!

    I've popped your entries in the tub & wish you LUCK for the drawer....!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow so many lovely finds!! Great blog too, Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can't decide on a favorite, it's all so good. I would have bought everything here.
    Thanks for coming by to enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Karina - THANK YOU for posting about that dress on my blog. Holy Guacamole! I thought it was a shammy because it has car ads all over it. The link you sent is that exact dress. It looks like it will sell for about $250.00 on ebay. You are my new BFF! :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love thrifting but since our Salvation army got a new manager the prices are sky high! Its a disappointment to go shopping there now!

    Karina thank you for visiting my blog and praying for my grandson!
    Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete

My favorite things

  • comfy shoes
  • Looking at snowflakes up close
  • Nativity sets
  • Christmas
  • Rescuing a goodie from a landfill
  • Thrift stores
  • Crafts
  • Goodnight kisses
  • Cuddles
  • My hubby sportin a few greys in his beard
  • Chips and nicks
  • Old ceramics
  • scary Santas :)
  • Miniatures
  • Dollhouses

Followers